Goa is a small beautiful state within the country as well as abroad. The smallest state of India where people from abroad come to spend their holidays. From casinos to nightclubs, five star hotels to enthralling water sports. So this place can be called a foreign kingdom within the country for the common people. But today I will take you to a Portuguese beach in Goa. Where everyone from Portuguese to English has ruled. That place is quite different in Goa. Let us tell you about that special place.
Place : Candolim Beach is located right next to the famous Panaji city of Goa. Be it a bachelor tour with friends or a honeymoon after marriage, definitely visit here at least once.
how to travel : To go to Goa by train, you have to catch Amravati Express from Sealdah station. That only one train goes from West Bengal to Goa. This takes about 36-40 hours. Candolim can be reached by air from Kolkata via Dabolim airport.
where to stay : There are many hotels along Candolim Beach. You can take a package which includes stay and food in that hotel. Then if you want you can stay in Panaji city. Let us tell you that if you go to Candolim in off season, you will get 3 star hotel for 700-800 taka per night.
Best Time To Visit: November to March is ideal to visit this place. Food is a bit expensive as compared to hotel prices at that time. But in Goa, the famous ‘Sunburn’ is organized in December, due to which thousands of people come here.
things to do :
- Quiet and calm this beach is not at all. So if you want peace on your honeymoon, you will not find it here. As night falls, the colored water and streets fill with restaurants and pubs.
- The beach has a number of restaurants serving Indian, Italian and various continental as well as local seafood dishes.
- You can indulge in activities like parasailing and water skiing.
- By hiring a special boat, you can go out to sea and see dolphins. Early morning is the best time for dolphin spotting. If the budget is high then you can also hire a private cruise.
- Aguada Fort is nearby and you can go from there. Can visit Panaji city. There are still many Portuguese people living there.
Cost : You should go with a budget of INR 15,000 per person to visit Candolim Beach during the season. But other times it may be less.